Tuesday, May 7, 2013

REVIEW: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains

Hey, everyone! I'll be reviewing Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in shades Honey and Smitten. When it was first released in the Philippines last year, I was so excited! I immediately went to a Revlon counter and swatched them on my arm. I fell in love with it in an instant! I mean, who wouldn't want a balm and stain in just one product? Also, I have learned that some other bloggers have compared it to Clinique's Chubby Stick Intense, which is a plus for me! But anyway, here is a more in-depth review of this balm stain.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Smitten (top) and Honey (bottom)
Honey - very wearable, sheer, pinky brown shade
- great for natural everyday look
- suits all skin tones

Smitten - deep magenta shade
- can be worn on its own if you want an intense lip color or,
- swipe on one layer of Smitten on the center of lips and smudge the rest with your finger to tone down the color a bit. :) This is what I normally do if I want a "stained" look
- suits people with fair to medium complexion


I find the packaging really cute! I think it looks like the jumbo markers that I used to have when I was a kid. Pretty neat! :)



I like that it's retractable so you don't have to sharpen it. Just twist the metal part of the balm stain up and down to use it. Don't be deceived by the packaging though. You get this much product (2.7 grams) for Php 575.00, which is a bit disappointing because it's not even half the length of the plastic tube!

When I swatched it at the back of my hand, it was very sheer. But when I used it on my lips, I realized that it is actually very wearable and buildable. You can intensify the color by just adding a second layer. It has a satin finish on the lips which I like. I love that it smells minty because it contains peppermint oil and gives you a little tingle on the lips once it sets. The minty feeling will go away in an hour or so.


IT IS NOT A TINTED LIP BALM. It is very true to its name: a BALM STAIN. It has the quality of a lipbalm (gel-like) and the staying power of a stain. When I wore it for the first time, I noticed that it glided on smoothly on my lips and left a stain for about 4 hours! Even after eating and drinking, it left a just bitten or "i-ate-a-popsicle" stain on my puckers! I didn't need to reapply several times in one day because the staying power is so good. But after about 2 hours of wear, it felt a bit drying on the lips so I had to wear a gloss or a lipbalm on top of it.

I would definitely repurchase this product and get more shades because I'm so happy with it! It has been one of my everyday holy grail products when I'm in a hurry. I feel happy when I apply it on my lips because it looks like a big crayon and I'm literally coloring my lips! Haha! I totally recommend this except for those who have chapped lips as it tends to be drying after a while and application is uneven. Since chapped lips are not smooth, the product may not glide as smooth as normal/hydrated lips. But if you really want to make it work for you, you can wear lip balm first, then apply the balm stain on top. So if you're on-the-go or need a quick lip touch-up then this drugstore product is definitely for you! They come in 6 different shades but I think Revlon released another 6 shades so that totals 12 shades for you to choose from! You can get a hold of it on any Revlon counter in SM Department stores! :) (Note: Some shades are not yet available in the Philippines)






Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey 
The balm stain look after eating! :)
Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Smitten :) Looks like I just ate a strawberry-flavored popsicle!

Stay fab! <3


Coming Soon: Review on Urban Decay's Primer Potion






3 comments:

  1. Love Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains! Bought some as gifts for my girl friends <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete